Freitag, 2. März 2018

Dear creators, internet connection is not a premisse

Hello everyone reading :) This post targets all the people who design and create all the fancy things, be it in hand or on screen.

Please, do not take a fast or stable internet connection as granted. There are people for who that is not reality. And everyone can belong to them off sudden. And they could still want to use your fancy thing.


My internet connection drives me crazy at time, for weeks already. It can keep up for a hour or two but then start breaking with PPoE errors once a minute. And when that happens, I can do almost nothing. I cannot stay in SL. I cannot phone. I cannot even run a virus scanner, because it not manages to download signatures before the next disconnection and after reconnection it starts to download them from beginning.

At my end everything is fine, multichecked already. I know I should kill, sorry, kick my ISP and the Telekom who owns the infrastructure and I have big urge for it, but they seem unkickable. But that is not the point.

The point is, when you are creator or designer of a program or device, and when your baby can not, absolutely, definitely not, avoid using internet connection, please do not take for granted that it will be stable or offer data rate the user was granted by contract. Because that will not happen, not all the time. And then your baby will be useless and their user will want to, well, kick you, your creation and their ISP all together.

When you do not belong to these creators, please do not take the message too close :) Just sent it in hope it would reach the people it is meant to reach.

Sincerely,
Jenna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dear creators, internet connection is not a premisse

Hello everyone reading :) This post targets all the people who design and create all the fancy things, be it in hand or on screen. Pleas...